This is Ski amadé
All facts and figures about Austria’s greatest skiing paradise
760 kilometres of slopes, 270 lift facilities, 260 huts and restaurants
All this and more is Ski amadé – and you can have it all in a single ticket! 25 resorts in five regions = a variety of mountain experiences + cosy atmosphere + guaranteed snow: That’s an equation that works to your benefit.
Let’s not forget the stunning scenic views, which are the icing on the cake for your ski holiday or hiking week in Salzburg and Styria.
More than skiing in Ski amadé
Breathtaking mountain landscapes, perfectly groomed slopes, state-of-the-art lifts and guaranteed snow
That’s what people immediately associate with Ski amadé, Austria’s biggest network of ski resorts. You can also look forward to the best snowparks of the Alps and family-friendly funslopes and funcross sections. If you crave variety for your ski holiday, you can make extraordinary memories while ice climbing, on the Flying Fox rope slide or while doing yoga on the mountain.
Culinary tip: a mountain breakfast on the highest summits, or one of the many other culinary initiatives by TASTE Ski amadé! Find out more about the impressive variety of offers – from the Ski amadé MADE MY DAY packages to the Ski amadé Special Weeks.
Ski amadé in summer? Of course! During the warmer months, hikers, bikers and climbing enthusiasts get everything they desire in the mountains of Salzburg and Styria.
Curious now? Get an overview of Austria’s biggest ski network that’s worth a visit in summer too!
Ski amadé = 5 regions = 25 ski resorts
Five first-rate regions with a total of 25 ski resorts
Ski amadé = 270 lift and cable car facilities
Aiming high in ski amadé – with state-of-the-art lift and cable car technology:
- chairlifts: 90 facilities
- cable cars: 47 facilities
- tow lifts: 81 facilities
- practice lifts: 52 facilities
- total transportation capacity: 370,000 people/hour
Ski amadé = 760 kilometres of slopes
760 kilometres – spread out across 356 slopes – are a proven recipe for skiing fun:
- easy (blue): 275 km, about 145 slopes
- medium difficulty (red): 390 km, about 181 slopes
- challenging (black): 95 km, about 30 slopes
Ski amadé = cosy atmosphere
Get cosy and feel right at home! In Ski amadé, you’ve got lots of opportunities to do so:
- Accommodation providers: about 5,464
- Guest beds: about 97,933
- Ski huts & mountain restaurants: 260
- Ski & Wine enjoyment huts: 27
- Ski huts with farmers market: more than 30 (Ski & Wine Week from March 11th to 18th, 2023)
- Enjoyment Ski Routes: 13
Ski amadé = innovation
- Free WiFi: 400 free access points
- “Ski amadé Guide” mobile app: free for iOS and Android
Always at the cutting edge: Season after season, Ski amadé invests in new technological developments. For instance, the Friend Tracker, a new feature of the “Ski amadé Guide” app. If you connect with friends and family in the app ahead of your ski day, you can find them on the map and let your phone guide you to them.
Ski amadé = guaranteed snow
Look forward to guaranteed snow all winter long in Ski amadé:
- 90% of slope surface area – about 684 kilometres – in Ski amadé can be covered with artificial snow if needed.
- More than 4,000 snowmaking appliances create about 15 million m3 of artificial snow.
- The snow is made from pure water and air, a process strictly regulated by the Austrian purity law.
- 170 employees and 160 snow grooming machines ensure perfect slope conditions!
Talking about employees: 1,880 people are employed directly at the Ski amadé partner companies, 830 of which work there year-round.